Monday, June 28, 2010

IBL-Reflection

I find the IBL lessons interesting. Unlike the science lessons we usually have in class, we could do our own experiments. I enjoy the lessons alot.

Especially the experiment on the mealworms. I did not expect I would get a chance to touch the mealworms. We did an experiment on which type of food does the mealworms prefer. After the experiment, my group members and I found out that our experiment was unfair as we did not use the paper to cover the experiment. The mealworms was only finding cover to hide from the light.
Our first lesson was on parachutes. We are to make parachutes and do the experiment. Our group couldn't find enought stopwatches. We had to change our set-up to do the experiment.

Our second lesson was to make areoplane. Our experiment is to find out if the material of the airplane affects the distance fly by the airplane. During the experiment, my group found out that it is tedious to use the 3 metre mesuring tape to measure. in the end, we change the distance to the time taken.
I learn alot of things and enjoyed in these 3 days. I hope there will be more activities like this. :D

No comments: